Go to this link and EXPLORE…..
Wait for the writing assignment
Complete the Trench Warfare Game.
You can only advance to Missions 2, 3, and 4 if you successfully choose the correct equipment. THINK about which kinds of new technology would work best for succes in each of the assigned MISSIONS:
How well can you do? This is great for studying.
Watch this video.
Watch it again and complete the T chart:
Complaints Against BIG Govt Reasons we Need BIG Govt
– Do you know if there is a sex education program at our school?
– Do the teenagers know the consequence of different diseases when having sex?
– Are they ready to take care of their babies?
– Do they know the development of their health and body?
– Why cannot they wait until the possibility of getting or having a baby?
– What are some responsibilities they can take in order to prevent having sex without condoms?
– How can we get pregnant? (biology teacher)
– What are the symptoms that a girl can recognize when she gets pregnant? (biology teacher)
– What are resources about teen pregnancy at CASH? (headmaster)
– How can we include a sexual education class in the school? (headmaster)
– Does the school provide condoms to the students? (school nurse)
– Do you talk about sex with your child? (parents)
– In what way can you contribute to teen pregnancy in the school? (teachers)
– Is birth control the best way to prevent pregnancy? (school nurse)
– What sexual education/teen pregnancy resources are currently available at CASH?
– How are they made available?
– If you had your “best wishes,” (lots of money, time and staff) what kinds of resources would you like to see?
– Does the school currently have a sexual education curriculum?
o If so:
Where can we find more information about it?
How long has it been in place and when is the last time it was updated?
o If not:
Can you help us create a list of possible obstacles?
o Have there been programs in place in the past (here or elsewhere) that you thought were successful? What about them do you think was effective?
– Who makes decisions regarding any sort of sexual education curriculum?
Survey Questions – anonymous
This is to be developed distributed to students in a “statistically meaningful” manner that you decide is best. Note: We can also look online to see if there are other surveys, to get ideas.
To What Extent (Strongly Agree/Agree/Neutral/Disagree/Strongly Disagree)
[POSSIBLE QUESTIONS: We will create this today in a format that you think makes sense.]
“Demographic information” – What is this? Does it matter? How do we gather it?
“gender” “age” “nationality” “grade” ….
I know someone who is sexually active
I know someone who is sexually active and may not always use birth control.
I believe students are familiar with birth control methods and know how to use them.
I believe there are some – many (circle one) students who are NOT familiar with birth control methods and do NOT know how to use them.
– I think that teen pregnancy is an issue affecting our school.
– I am happy with the current sexual education program at CASH.
– I am well-informed about the sexual education program at CASH.
– I am well-informed about ways I can safely have sex.
– I am well-informed about the consequences of having sex, even if I am safe.
– I am well-informed about the development of my health and body.
Some – most – all (Circle one) students at CASH know how pregnancy happens.
Some – most – all (Circle one) students at CASH are not having sex.
Some – most – all (Circle one) young men at CASH are not having sex.
Some – most – all (Circle one) young women at CASH are not having sex.
Some – most – all (Circle one) at CASH are having sex.
TRUE OR FALSE?
I will wait to have sex till I believe I am “in love.”
I will wait to have sex till I believe I am married.
I think sex is interesting and will experiment whenever I feel “ready.”